Benefits of Becoming a Member
- Excellent networking opportunities both locally and internationally
- Connection with other tourism professionals both professionally and socially
- Opportunities to speak and or promote your business at KAWT functions.
- Member discount prices to all Association events
- Monthly newsletter plus advertising opportunities – (coming soon)
- listing on, and access to, comprehensive industry guide of members
- Opportunities to showcase your organization or business through affiliate association networks i.e. FEWA, Eco-Tourism, WITIA, WFTGA.
- Training & Mentoring opportunities from both KAWT experts as well as outsourced services
- Support of the local communities through participation in CSR activities.
- Fun environment to support the growth of the vital tourism & Hospitality industry in Kenya
Kenya Association of Women in Tourism (KAWT) welcomes anyone who would like to join us. Membership consist of individuals, organizations and businesses that have paid their annual membership fees.
- Individual members must hold no less than a Diploma certificate from a well recognized institution and must have at least 10 years of experience or individuals who have no less than 10 years experience in the tourism industry.
- Organizations and businesses must have been in operation for at least 5 years
Each paid-up individual member is entitled to one vote at all general meetings of the Association, whereas each paid-up business or organization shall be entitled to two votes. Application for membership is made in writing and accompanied by the appropriate membership fee.
Any application for membership is deemed to be an acknowledgment by the member to be bound by the Association’s constitution and all amendments thereto.
All applications for membership is subject to vetting by the executive committee.
- Membership fees is determined annually by a resolution at the Annual General Meeting.
- All membership fees is due and payable from the first day of March each year.
- All membership fees is paid to the Association.
- Membership fees is as laid out in Annexure A of the KAWT Constitution.
- Funds of the Association, whether obtained in the form of membership fees, donations or any other form, is only appropriated for investment or for carrying out the objectives of the Association as contained in this Constitution.